WASH AND CARE FOR YOUR INDIGO PIECES
We're excited to bring INDIGO dye to our woven collection for its versatility and variety of washes we can work with. Even though our darker hue of Indigo is washed before sewing, it needs to be treated and used with care.
Indigo garments fade overtime, it’s characteristic for the color and only adds to its charm, just as we love our faded denims.By following a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy these garments for a long time.
- Wash your indigo-dyed garments in cold water, separately from other items, using a mild detergent. Do not soak the garment for a long time. Do not rub it. We recommend hand washing for optimal care. If you choose to machine wash your piece, always turn your indigo garment inside out, which will prevent the indigo from bleeding and protect the drum of your machine.
- You may notice blue running out into the water - this is normal.
- We recommend cleaning your indigo piece alone for two reasons. First, to avoid indigo running onto other pieces. But also, to avoid overloading your machine and thus avoiding wrinkles. Creasing can create lines on your garment that can be difficult to remove. Try to avoid cleaning stains and marks, as this can remove areas of color from your garment, especially for dark indigo.
- We recommend hang drying, avoiding direct sunlight as it can cause excessive fading. Do not tumble dry.
- Avoid direct and repeated rubbing against light surfaces or other fabrics.