HOMEMADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT
Our pieces need to be well taken care of to last for years. And for years and laundry is the first thing to be careful about. Making your own laundry detergent is good for your wallet: very few ingredients needed, your health: no chemicals will harm your skin, and the planet: no dangerous products that will end up in our oceans. Overmore, it is really easy and only takes a few minutes.
All you need is:
- 30g of natural bar soap - we love to use savon de Marseille, which is made with 75% of olive oil and 25% of water
- 1L of water
- 1cc of baking soda
- Optional: a few drops of essential oils (lavender, thyme, eucalyptus)
- Grate the natural bar soap
- Boil the water with the grated soap and mix until smooth. Make sure to mix gently, otherwise it will foam too much
- Take off the heat and add the washing soda mix until blended. This is the good moment to add essentials oils if you choose to.
- Pour the preparation into a clean glass container